The magnificence of a Saree is timeless and unmatched. But what usually gets to women is the question. How to wear a Saree perfectly? Not just that, queries extend further to, How to wear a Saree for a Party or How to wear a Sari to look slim.
At Utsav Fashion, we have attempted to get you out of your draping misery with simple, to the point and easy to follow DIY Saree Draping Videos.
Believe it or not, your days of fussing over how to wear a Saree are over. With these fantastic Do-It-Yourself videos, we not only provide you with a smart learning experience of how to drape a Saree, but also on offer are some of the most popular forms of Saree draping styles.
The audio visual initiates you into the basic requirements of how to dress up in a Saree, followed by simple steps for the ready look. The simplicity of communication and on screen help allows you to gather the nuances without any confusion. With this, you also find some handy tips that help bring out the complete gracefulness of a Saree.
Basic Saree Draping Style
Familiarize yourself with the basic step by step guide of a draping a Saree if you’d like to stick to the plain old normal way.
- A six or nine yard Saree
- A matching Blouse
- A Few Safety Pins
- Accessories – Earrings, neckpiece, and clutch
Quick Steps To Drape
- Get ready with a waist – to – floor length petticoat tied reasonably firmly at the waist by a drawstring and wear a fitted blouse that ends just below the bust.
- Now, take the plain end of the Sari and start tucking it into the petticoat and wrap one full round from right to left. Make sure that the lower end of the Sari is just about an inch above the floor.
- Hold Sari, just after the tucked portion, and start making pallu pleats measuring a span width each
- Make about 7 to 10 pleats, depending on the length of the Saree and hold them up together so that they fall straight and even.
- Tuck the arranged pleats into the petticoat slightly towards the left of the navel, and make sure that the pleat folds face left too.
- Now hold the Sari and tuck it in the petticoat until around the back and bring the untied portion in front from the right
- Now, make 6-7 pallu pleats at the shorter hem of the Sari and place it on the left shoulder such that the pallu falls just above the knee level. Fix pallu to the blouse with a safety pin.
- With the Saree draped perfectly, revel in the beauty and grace of your complete look with complimenting Jewelry.
Tips & Tricks
- Save your time over Pleats and Palla by keeping it pinned in place earlier.
- Always wear your heels, petticoat or jeggings beforehand to get the right length of the Saree.
- Keep safety pins handy for easy arrangement.
- Be ready with basic make-up.
- Wear Jewelry and accessories for the final look.
You can dress up in a desirable Saree style all by yourself, by simply following our How to wear a Saree in our Full HD videos. So, let’s just usher you into the world of ease and style with our DIY Saree Draping Videos.
Nivi Style Saree Draping
The Nivi style of Saree draping is the most popular of them all and in practice for long. Nivi style of Saree…Read more.
Bengali Style Saree Draping
Perfectly complimenting the grace and wardrobe of style divas, Bengali style Saree looks more gorgeous than… Read more.
Lehenga Style Saree Draping
The Lehenga style Saree draping is a way of wearing a Saree that gives an impression of a Lehenga. Due to… Read more.
Gujarati Saree Saree Draping
The quest for how to wear Gujarati style Saree, now, meets its answer in this video. The Gujarati style Saree… Read more.
Mumtaz Style Saree Draping
Maharashtrian Style Saree Draping
Now, let’s introduce you to the Maharashtrian style of wearing a Saree. With its distinctive style of draping, it… Read more.
Mermaid Style Saree Draping
Rajrani Style Saree Draping
In this featured how to wear Saree video, the Rajrani Style is in focus. Rajrani Style of Saree Draping… Read more.