The spotlight moves onto the contemporary style of Saree draping in this video. Popularly known as the Indo Western style of wearing a Saree, this drape is an innovative adaptation of the traditional one.
Usually worn in printed or color block Sarees. It makes for a great fashion statement and has become a global trend.
- Printed or any contemporary saree
- Complementing Jeggings or Leggings
- A smart blouse
- A smart Jacket
- A pair of Stilettos
- Few safety pins
- And around 4 minutes
Easy Step to Drape Indo Western Style Saree
- Take one end of the Saree, make 6-7 pleats and tuck it in the centre facing left.
- Tuck such that the remaining length of the Saree is to your left and emerges from the inner most pleat.
- Ensure the Saree length falls just an inch short of the floor.
- Tuck Saree towards left measuring your span width. You can even tuck the Saree half way around the back.
- Now, pick the other end of the Saree, make pallu pleats.
- Bring the pleats from around the back to the front and place it over the left shoulder.
- Leave the Saree loose so that it makes a deep U on the right side of the waist.
- Now, pin the pallu pleats neatly on the shoulder.
Tips & Tricks
- Wear Jeggings instead of petticoat for this contemporary drape style.
- Always wear your footwear beforehand to get the right length of Saree at the foot.
- Secure pallu pleats with the help of clamps.
- Be ready with basic make-up, to save on overall dressing time.
- Keep trendy Jewelry for accessorizing.