Any regular Saree can be draped in a manner that gives an impression of a Lehenga. Due to its uniqueness of merging two traditional dress forms, this style is only worn on special occasions and celebrations.
Wondering how to drape your regular Saree into a Lehenga in a jiffy? Here are some easy steps to quickly drape lehenga style saree.
- An embellished saree
- A classy blouse
- Satin petticoat
- A pair of heels
- Heavy stone studded Jewelry
- Plenty of bangles
- Few safety pins.
- And around 4 Minutes
6 Easy Steps to Drape Lehenga Style Saree
- Start by tucking the Saree starting from center back only until right side of the waist.
- Make pleats measuring a span width such that you get 5 pleat ‘sets’ in between right to left side of the waist.
- Now, tuck the Saree until center back such that the Saree completes one round around the waist to the starting point.
- Take the pallu to make pallu pleats.
- Bring the pallu to the front, place it on the right shoulder and pin it up neatly.
- Now, hold the upper corner of the pallu and take it left up until side waist and pin it up.
Tips & Tricks
- Feel free to adjust the number of pleats to suit your body frame.
- To avoid fluffiness around the waist, try wearing an inskirt or petticoat that has a belt fastener instead of the traditional string.
- Make sure to wear your footwear beforehand to get the right length of Saree.
- Keep safety pins for easy pin-ups.
- Be ready with basic make-up.
- Select from the ultimate of wedding, embellished or half n half sarees along with matching jewelry. They will be delivered to your doorstep.