Mumtaz style saree draping has been a rage, ever since the song ‘Aaj kal tere mere pyaar ke charche…’ went onto become a hit. This draping style is your easy way out to flaunt the elegance of a bygone era.
The glamour act of yesteryear actress Mumtaz in the evergreen song must have made you think about how to wear Mumtaz style saree. So, here we are with Do-it-yourself video to learn this classic style of saree draping.
- A solid colored Saree with border or preferably chiffon saree
- Sleeveless blouse
- A pair of heels
- Complementing Jewelry
- Few safety pins
- And around 3 Minutes
7 Easy Steps to Drape Mumtaz Style Saree
- We’ll start with tucking one end of the Saree in the petticoat and wrap one full round.
- Ensure the Saree length falls just an inch short of the floor.
- Make only 1-2 pleats and tuck it in the centre of your petticoat facing left.
- Bring the untied Saree portion from around the back to the front and tuck it 4-5 inch above the full length of the Saree.
- Now, repeat the step of wrapping the untied Saree portion and tucking it 4-5 inch above the first round of the Saree.
- Next, let’s make 6-7 pallu pleats of the untied Saree portion.
- Bring it from around the back over the left shoulder and fasten it with a pin.
Tips & Tricks
- Make sure to wear your heels beforehand to get the right length of Saree.
- You can add one more round four or five inch above the earlier round of Saree to get a slimmer look.
- Instead of pleating the pallu, you can simply gather the pallu and fling it back.
- To get the flawless look, keep the pallu length just above the hip level.
- Keep safety pins close for easy pin-ups.
- Be ready with basic make-up to save time.
Want to shop some trending Chiffon Sarees? Get wide-ranging Chiffon Sarees with printed borders, embroidered pallu and much more. They are going to be your new fave.