The splendor of the traditional Nivi style Saree is unmatchable. The Nivi style Saree draping is the most popular and common way of wearing a Saree.
The versatility of this Saree drape suit all occasional and ceremonial dressing. Balancing the length of the pallu beforehand is one of the tricks that shouldn’t be missed while you try to wear the
traditional Nivi style Saree.
You can wear Nivi style Saree for a wide range of occasions like Diwali, Indian wedding and even for a cocktail party. Nivi style Saree draping portrays the rich culture of India and has been accepted as the traditional and most easy-to-wear Saree drape universally.
- A stylish Saree
- A matching petticoat
- A fitted Blouse
- A pair of comfortable heels
- Complimenting Jewelry
- Few safety pins
- And around 4 Minutes
Easy Steps to Drape Nivi Style Saree
- We’ll start with tucking one end of the Saree in the petticoat and wrap one full round.
- Ensure the Saree length falls just an inch short of the floor.
- Now, pick the other end of the Saree and make 6-7 pallu pleats.
- Hold the pleats and from around the back bring it to the front.
- Take the pleated pallu over the left shoulder, pin it up neatly on the shoulder and leave the pallu hanging.
- Now, focusing on the untied portion of the Saree, hold the Saree upper edge from the left and tuck it in the inskirt towards right.
- Make 6-7 pleats on the untied Saree portion and tuck it in the petticoat, pleats facing left.
- To hold the pleats in place make sure you pin it together from inside.
Tips & Tricks
- Wear a petticoat of the same color as the Saree.
- Be set with your footwear beforehand to get the right length of Saree at the foot.
- Keep safety pins handy for quick pin-ups.
- Be ready with basic make-up, to save on time.
- Accessorize with Jewelry.